Monday, February 18, 2008

Kosova!

I went into NYC yesterday to go see the Documentary Shorts up for the Oscar this year. After getting my ticket, I went back to Broadway to waste some time. As I was walking there, a series of cars with people screaming and waving flags were coming down 50th Street. As I got closer to Times Square it became apparent that this was a Kosovo freedom rally, celebrating the recent declaration of independence from Serbia. The police had barricades set up from 42nd to 44th street for onlookers. I was quite surprised at the number of people who seemed to have ties to Kosovo, but the fun everyone was having was infectious. The stream of cars lasted for well over an hour. Luckily I had my camera with me....the pictures aren't great....but here they are....

kosovo rally
kosovo rally
kosovo rally
kosovo rally
kosovo rally
kosovo rally
kosovo rally
kosovo rally
kosovo rally
kosovo rally

No comments: